Mid-Atlantic GSP Rescue is a 501c3 non-profit organization. We receive no public funding for our rescue efforts. We rely solely on donations to perform our rescue operations. We are an all-volunteer organization, and none of our Board members or volunteers receive financial compensation for the time they dedicate to our organization.
Our group serves needy GSPs in seven states. On average, we assist over 175 GSPs each year. We provide all necessary medical treatment for each and every dog. We have strict general vetting protocols, which mean each and every dog that enters our foster care program receives the following:
- Distemper/Parvo Combo Vaccine (plus booster)
- Bordatella Vaccine (kennel cough)
- Rabies Vaccine
- Fecal Exam
- Heartworm SNAP Test (also tests for tick-borne illness)
- Spay/Neuter Surgery
- Monthly Heartworm Prevention while in foster care
- Monthly Flea/Tick Medication while in foster care
In addition, many of the GSPs we rescue each year need additional medical treatments for pre-existing medical conditions or injuries. We never turn away a needy GSP based on medical needs or age. We make a commitment to them, regardless of the costs incurred.